[hpsdr] FIR Decimation...

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sun Jan 10 15:12:29 PST 2010

I was watching the 2008 presentation at the DCC made by Phil, VK6APH.
There was some discussion in the final session on the DVD regarding
whether or not the as-implemented FIR Decimation technique that involved
elimination of multipliers was in fact valid.  I think the alternate
approach discussed involved retaining all the multiplier stages and
throwing away every other output sample.  I was wondering if anything
further transpired and if the as-presented technique was either
validated or perhaps replaced in the FPGA logic with the alternate method.

BTW, I really enjoyed watching the presentation - makes the operation of
Mercury and the relationship between the FPGA code and the PC code much
clearer - great job all round!

Pete, N3EVL