[hpsdr] Phil's new audio processing, ways to install unsigned (libusb0) drivers on 64 bit windows

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Jan 16 14:27:01 PST 2010

Dear Alberto,

Phil's methods are shown in his form1.cs file, which use various components
of the SharpDSP dll.  All this is in his KISS Console csharp
project/solution, found under his personal (VK6APH) working branch of KISS.

Basically, he's created two filter objects, populated them with data
(algorithms in the process_data method in form1.cs) and processed the
buffers.

It really looks quite straightforward...

I've found some somewhat obscure references for how to load unsigned drivers
on Vista-64bit and Win7-64bit.  I don't know if these would be considered as
usable by most people interested in having KISS on libusb on the 64 bit
windows OSes.

Here are the links if anyone wants to comment.  Then all we need is a 64 bit
libusb0 driver, or maybe you can use the unsigned 32 bit one?  I don't have
a 64 bit system to test on...

http://thehotfix.net/forums/index.php?/topic/25380-disable-driver-signature-
enforcement-in-7/
http://thehotfix.net/forums/index.php?/topic/26821-solved-win-7-x64-driver-s
ignature-enforcement-problem/
http://thehotfix.net/forums/index.php?/topic/25436-how-to-load-and-run-unsig
ned-drivers-in-64-bit-windows-7/

And here's a link to a tool that some have used to do this:
http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=34

Vy 73,
George K9TRV

database 4778 (20100116) __________