[hpsdr] update: Melton "jmonitor" program

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Jan 21 14:04:22 PST 2010

John Melton G0ORX/N6LYT has created an exciting new light weight
“thin client” program called “jmonitor” to display his HPSDR
across the Internet.

svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/N6LYT/ghpsdr3/branches/java/jmonitor

jmonitor started out with a panadapter spectrum display and now
has added a waterfall and full audio demod from the station you
are tuned to using his ghpsdr3 server in the UK.

Jmonitor demonstrates the portability and ease of use of the
NetBeans IDE, and the subsequent ease of operation of jmonitor on
Windows/XP, Windows-7, Ubuntu Karmic 9.04 and Ubuntu Lucid
10.04. John has also tested jmonitor on his Sun Microsystems
Solaris system.

John is currently rewriting his server and plans to offer GTK+ and
Qt versions of jmonitor as time allows in the future.

A screen capture movie of jmonitor on Windows-7 is located here:
http://www.n9vv.com/Images/Hermes/waterfall-demo.mp4

I updated my Hermes Unofficial intro document