[hpsdr] New K9TRV KISS Branch

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sat Jan 2 12:32:42 PST 2010

Dear Rick,
Thanks for sending the direct email as well!  That makes it so much easier
to reply to the same message on the group list!

Yes, WinUSB and libusb0 are mututally exclusive on the same device,
identified by its VID and PID, at the same time.  If you use libusb0, you
should use Phil VK6APH's branch of KISS.  WinXP 32 bit uses libusb0 just
fine.  If you were in a situation with Vista or WIn7, especially the 64 bit
varieties, you would be forced to use WinUSB, I fear, and not be able to use
CWSkimmer (easily) then.

I know that you are an avid CW operator!  This would pose some inconvenience
for you!  It is possible to switch drivers that are installed for the device
when you switch programs, but that is terribly inconvenient, indeed!  But it
is a natural, and unfortunately unavoidable, consequence of switching the
driver for Ozy from libusb0 to WinUSB.

I would wonder if anyone has had success (and if so, how) in using CWSkimmer
on 64 bit windows, especially Vista and Windows 7.

HNY to you and yours as well,
Vy 73,
George K9TRV