[hpsdr] Spectrum pics of 10 MHz clocks (longish)

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Sun Jan 3 12:22:29 PST 2010

Well done Bruce, that is indeed both interesting and informative.  I
realised some little while back that Excalibur was accurate enough to
make an external reference unnecessary, but nonetheless I use a
Thunderbolt and have done the Penelope modification.  There's something
satisfying about using HPSDR at its optimum, so is the next step to
disable the oscillator on board Excalibur leaving just the external
reference?  One might come to the conclusion that Excalibur was an
unnecessary purchase, however if I understand things correctly, even
without its oscillator running Excalibur still performs the necessary
function of conditioning the input from thunderbolt.

Thanks.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.