[hpsdr] Magister

John Petrich petrich at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 22 13:40:06 PST 2010

Joe and the rest,

I am having the same problem of not being able to use the voice modes with
the Penelope and Magister combination.  I am a total HPSDR novice and don't
have any prior experience with an Ozy board.  Had thought that the voice
mode problem was local and I was planning to review the documentation, check
the jumpers,  take another look at my Power SDR rev 3507 set up and, if that
fails, inject audio from my 2 tone generator into the Penelope microphone
input.  Since Joe is having the same problem and since there is no manual
yet for Magister, I am wondering if there is a detail in Magister's "set up"
that we need to know for Magister to work on the voice modes.  Maybe Scotty
or Lyle know the answer?

I do want to thank all the wonderful volunteers who over the years have done
such great work on all levels to make HPSDR a practical reality.  Know that
there have been growing pains and some hard times but your efforts are very
much appreciated.  I read the archives and listen to TeamSpeak every
weekend.

Any answers to voice mode problems with Magister ?

John Petrich, W7FU