[hpsdr] Fwd: article: "No-knob" radio: the future of Warfighter communications?

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 05:36:45 PST 2010

Thank you for mentioning the USB firmware.  I had forgotten that.  To
paraphrase... YOU,  so many facts, so little mind!

Thanks to Bill Tracey and Phil Harman building on the initial work of
Covington,  HPSDR has been kept alive and growing and attracted many others.

The latest developments are terrific.

Bob

On 1/28/2010 10:27 PM, Bill Tracey wrote:

> There are also some HPSDR developers with GNURadio hardware. From time
> to time folks have talked of writing a GNURadio driver for Ozy/Mercury
> but it's not happened as yet (so much code to write, so little time!).
>
> Also I should point out that the the firmware running in the FX2 on Ozy
> was derived from the USRP FX2 code a few years back. so HPSDR has
> certainly used parts of the GNUradio work.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Bill

(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"the only people for me are the mad ones,
  the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
  mad to be saved, desirous of everything at
  the same time, the ones who never yawn or
  say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn
  like fabulous yellow roman candles" Kerouac
Twitter:rwmcgwier
Active: Facebook,Myspace,LinkedIn