[hpsdr] hardware question ( Mercury HPSDR)

Gediminas Kasparaitis kaunas69 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 17:34:50 PDT 2010

Hello,

I tested  my Mercury during IARU HF, put into log  135 QSO ( didn't use any
other receiver).

The question is about LCT2208, is this 70C or wider range 85C chip ?

Is here any recomended heatsink for this chip? And if it is where is better
to glue it,
from the top ( on top of the chip)  or from the bottom of the board ?

I could use extra fan too....

I believe that was a cause of 3 laptop crashes ( blue screen with numbers),
since to get laptop to work I had to unplug power connector from SDR.
Chip was hot, I was unable to keep finger on it ( day was hot also).
5V regulator is cold, but it seems in this my setup is not enough air flow
to cool
LTC2208.

After that it worked again  .....at the time of crash  I was using CW
skimmer and band
was full of loud stations.

I hope other should be familiar with similar situation, or my board is bit
deffective ?

But after that I used Mercury HPSDR with no problems for few hours.

Nice thing, I like it:
http://www.qsl.net/ly2bgp/index4.html

73, Gedas, nx2px