[hpsdr] Echo on transmitted signal

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Fri Jul 30 16:01:45 PDT 2010

I finally had time to get my HPSDR rig on the air!  I'm absolutely delighted
with the receiver and I'm now working the kinks out of transmit.  In running
sideband, I have a slight echo on my transmitted (and monitored) signal,
i.e., the "concert hall" effect.

Firmware:  Ozy 1.7, Mercury 2.9, Penelope 1.2

PowerSDR v1.19.3.1

I have tried BOTH a computer with Windows XP/32bit and a computer with
Windows 7/64-bit.  The same effect exists on both.

I thought at one point it might be an RF feedback problem.  However, I now
think not.  I can hear the effect on monitor even with the drive level
reduced to zero.  I believe the effect is the same independent of drive
level (it's difficult to tell for sure when I'm monitoring my own speech).

I've tried a couple different microphones that I use on my Yaesu rig.  The
effect exists on HPSDR but not on the Yaesu.  So, I don't think it's an
acoustic effect in the room.

Have I missed something in the settings, jumpers, or whatever?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Warren  NR0V