[hpsdr] Multiple Rx -- ghpsdr3 on Windows

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Mon Jul 5 04:40:43 PDT 2010

Hi Dave

Congrats for your work on ghpsdr3 "backport" to windows. Your
documentation is very clear, so that I was able to setup the software
with Mercury/Magister within some minutes! It runs very nicely on winXP.
Very good!! UFB.

I have tried to run the origirnal ghpsdr-software from John Melton under
Debian 5 64 Bits, but unfortunately, there seems to be a USB-Problem in
my installation with Debian such that the timing for the i/q-data is not
ok. There occur hickups every now and then, so that the audio signal is
unpleasant to listen to. John has supplied a new parameter --timing to
trace such problems. Normally my timing ist within 1s +-2ms, but from
time to time I notice timings of 1.3 s or so! Using your version under
winXP, everything runs nicely, no USB problems (with the identical
hardware). I have currently no idea, what problem the USB might have
under Debian 5, 64 Bit.

Once again many thanks for your work: so I can continue to reach the
goal to have a remote station installation!

73
Alfred
HB9EPU