[hpsdr] ghpsdr transmit?

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 09:23:54 PDT 2010

Roger --

I believe the that the original ghpsdr and the MacHPSDR (Stand alone)
have some transmit capabilities.  I believe that they support SSB and
AM. ghpsdr uses DttSP so it has their modes (not sure how many are
connected).  MacHPSDR uses a Mac dsp module and Jeremy says he has not
connected the CW yet.

Currently the ghpsdr3  (client/server) flavors have the building blocks
but they are not hooked up yet as far as I know.  ghpsdr3 continues to
use DttSP as the dsp library.

ghpsdr3 can be run two ways at the moment:

1. server -> receiver (called ghpsdr) with dsp in the receiver.

2. server -> dspserver(dsp in this server, one of these running for each
monitor program currently 4 max) -> monitor program( monitor, jmonitor,
iphone-monitor, android-monitor ).

There are several extra steps in the process. The first way is the most
like the original ghpsdr (stand alone).

The reason for the ghpsdr3 design is to allow multiple receivers on a
single mercury board and then the support for multiple mercury boards.

Hope this helps.

Dave, KV0S