[hpsdr] Potential New openHPSDR Project

ct1izu ct1izu at sapo.pt
Mon Jul 12 06:03:47 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "richard" <richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <hpsdr at lists.openhpsdr.org>
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Potential New openHPSDR Project

> , I build all my own equipment, I would like to put the
> computer in the rig, so I can either use it as a normal multiband
> transceiver,
> or plug a keyboard rat and display and have something powerful.

Simpler acutually to put the transceiver in the computer. My 100W HPSDR set
with the Intel Little Falls board and Sata drive would fit in a 25cm high 18
wide
and 40 depth box. In practice because I use a standard ATX psu its fitted in
a 44cm
midi tower.

It might be possible to modify or re-design  an  LPU to power Atlas and the
MB for a very portable set up.
Swapping out the SATA hard drive for a SATA horizontal flash card would save
a few cubic inches!
Shel CT1IZU