[hpsdr] Alex toroids have landed!

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Mon Jul 19 11:43:48 PDT 2010

Hi Dick,

We did receive the 100kg of production toroids. Graham has completed
the first round of testing on them.

Three of the toroids wound on the T50-10 cores are so far out of
tolerance (more that 15% high in inductance) that circuit changes may
be necessary to accommodate them.

Four of the T50-10 toroids were wound on the wrong core material that
has a higher permeability than the other T50-10 cores. The inductance
is 70% to 90% higher than nominal, making them unusable.

The manufacturer is going to re-wind the four units that are wound on
the incorrect cores. While I do not have a time estimate from the
manufacturer, but I estimate that this will take about 2 months.

Graham is evaluating the effects of the out of tolerance toroids now.

Stay tuned...

73,
Scotty WA2DFI