[hpsdr] TUNING KNOBS etc.

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Jul 21 11:02:54 PDT 2010

I can't help but chime in here too.  I'm 62 and an ex-Navy radio CW
operator who always loved the feel of an ultra-smooth, heavy knob for
radio tuning.  Indeed, that's one of the features that attracted me to
the IC-7800 but even I no longer feel that way!  My HPSDR is the #1
rig here and I don't miss knobs one single bit.  The IC-7800 with its
great knob sits idle.

I prefer the mouse with wheel for tuning the radio over a knob under
all circumstances.  Get a  good smooth spinning wheel version of mouse
though!   You'll never go back to knobs.

73,  Joe K5SO