[hpsdr] TUNING KNOBS etc.

Chris Salinas n0ttw at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 16:41:53 PDT 2010

Has anyone looked into those sub-$100 notebooks available on eBay as
an alternative to the PC. Give it some basic functions (Frequency control,
filters, limitted memory, no waterfall, etc) and it can become a stand-alone
unit.

I have one personally and I'm trying to see if it'll even be possible under
Windows CE. It recognizes Ozy too a point, still fiddling with the drivers.
There is also a Debian linux that'll run on the SD card or can be installed on
the 2GB Nand drive with plenty of room to spare.

The WM8505 processor is an ARM9-based SoC from Wonder Media (VIA). The only
thing lacking is the uDSP, so FFT has to be done integer-based (non-FP) from
what I see. I do have the Spec Sheet for the processor.

Chris N0TTW