[hpsdr] Diversity reception w/dual Merc boards

Gediminas Kasparaitis kaunas69 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:26:14 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Diversity reception w/dual Merc boards

Thanks a lot Joe, that´s very good news!

73, Ben PA5BW
-----------
Hello,

I'm just wondering, what about CW skimmer,  I'm not too sure, might be I
don't know how,
but it seems to me that at this  time it can not be run together  with
receiver  application.

Can two boards be used to have CW skimmer and rcvr ( PowerSDR or KISS
console) running at the same time
( I hope so) ?

Sorry, for being  such a pure consumer :-), I'm trying to set everything for
my mobile contest games, at this time
only integration with N1MM logging software is a bit tricky...too  many
programs competing between
each other, but it seems to work, I'm using VSPE  ( virtual serial port's
connector and spliter),
W2RF RigSync ( just skimmer communicates thru telnet and rounds frequency to
100Hz)...and Omni Rig starts
automatically.

When using CW skimmer, at the same time I would like to have   PowerSDR Rx
( great wide panadapter and
easy to control filters).
----
Has somebody done  comparison between QS1R and Mercury, I mean measurements,
like latency comparison, spectral purity, etc ?
Mercury is cheaper -this and  the equipment size  is very easy to find on
internet......
I wish ARRL had done review of both.

I also like two boards !
 Thank you friends, open projects are very nice thing to have something
desirable for less,
I mean to afford to have.

73, de nx2px, Gedas