[hpsdr] Echo on transmitted signal

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 18:55:58 PDT 2010

Did you turn VAC on, without setting it up correctly, then forget about it?

This happens when you turn on VAC, without setting it up, and the VAC
defaults are
pointing at other audio paths in the computer (rather than at a PSK-31
program
or similar, like it should.)

The buffers the signal go through are different latency, and if pointed
at the audio
mixers in Windows, the audio can loop around, and you get the echo-delay
effect.

Do not ask me how I know this.

--- Graham / KE9H

==