[hpsdr] [Q] anyone using HFPacker Low Pass Filter with Penelope?

Chris Gomoiu chrisgomy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 06:16:12 PDT 2010

Hello Ken,

>From what I've seen on a spectrum analyzer Penelope output is very clean,
well below -40db FCC requires. Measured around -50db or better here, see
also http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/images/0/07/Penny-5.png for a 20m output
spectrum plot.

Insertion loss of a well designed LP filter should be below 1db, more like
max 0.1db otherwise using it @ the output of an amp will destroy it.

I've been using Penelope directly connected to the antenna here without
spectrum cleanliness worries since my board arrived doing WSPR 24/24.

73's
Chris 4X1RF