[hpsdr] ghpsdr3 servers on Windows--progress

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Tue Jun 8 17:33:26 PDT 2010

I'm attempting to port John Melton's ghpsdr3 server and dspserver to a
Windows environment, with partial success.
I'm making minimal changes to his code, staying in C, using Visual Studio 6.

I'm using windows versions of DttSP, fttw, and pthreads, and Ozy-init
code from USRP-hpsdr.
Things that seem to work--
  commands (attach and start) from dspserver to server
  commands from jmonitor to dspserver (e.g. frequency / band / mode change)

Things that don't work yet--
  no receive audio
  no spectrum or waterfall display.  jmonitor just writes full-width
white lines, seemingly at random, for the waterfall display.  The UDP
ports used by server, dspserver, and jmonitor seem to be consistent.

The above results were with Ozy software version 17, Mercury 29, and
Penelope 12.

If I reprogram Mercury with the multi-Rx code from W1BW, the 5v power
supply current is increased from the "normal" value, my little power
supply goes into current limiting (> 1.2 amp, with only Mercury & Ozy on
Atlas), and the server calls to OzyBulkRead() fail with code -22.  This
may be due to low power supply voltage, or to software / firmware
incompatibility, I don't know which, at the moment.

Has anyone else noticed increased Mercury power supply current when
using the W1BW code?
If it's "normal", I'll use a more capable power supply and continue
toward a working multiple-receiver system.

Dave  wa8ywq