[hpsdr] Question About Pennywhistle. Finally correct.

Dan Babcock n4xwe at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 09:50:36 PDT 2010

Franck,

For T2 use the three holes that are inside the small silk screened rectangular area on the PCB.  Solder together leads B' and A.  Put the resulting single lead into the center hole.  The two holes outside the rectangle are not used.  They are for an optional feedback winding.  The schematic is slightly confusing because it shows the optional connection of a feedback winding to C8 and C15.

The output attenuation only at 15M is strange.  There is a window in the PowerSDR console that allows the Penelope PA settings to be adjusted in software for each band.  From the Main Menu in PowerSDR it is accessed by clicking on Setup.  The settings are then displayed by clicking on the "PA Settings" Tab.

I am going to put my response back on the reflector to see if anyone else can offer an additional suggestion.

73,

Dan N4XWE