[hpsdr] My horribly silly questions

Dwayne L wraithx at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 11:10:14 PDT 2010

Hello folks,

I've been reading along the list for a while. I stumbled upon hpsdr by chance when I wondered what TAPR was up to these days. Doing google searches, youtube searches, I saw some of the different things people do with software defined radio.

I have been seriously considering putting something together and thought I would ask a few questions. I would first like to ask if an OpenHPSDR rig would be suitable as a primary radio?

Also, and I feel really silly for asking this. I noticed the Mercury and Penelope boards each have their respective antenna connections. Growing up in the age of fancy Japanese tranceivers, I was wondering how people hooked up to the same antenna?

I have many more questions, but wording them in a language that a human can decipher tends to be a bit tricky. I started writing this several hours ago, walked away, came back and hacked it to pieces.