[hpsdr] [Q] is anyone working on K.I.S.S. Console?

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Jun 24 19:34:19 PDT 2010

Ken,

Yes, I am as a matter of fact.  Several others are as well, separately.

As you may be aware already, my particular effort is directed toward
producing a rather specialized version of KK.  The specific goal for
me is to construct a receive mode only version of KK with dual Mercury
boards running simultaneously for polarization diversity, one that is
especially well-suited for radio astronomy applications.

Current status is that I have taken KISS Konsole v1.0.6 as a starting
point and am building a multiple Rx version that will use dual Mercury
boards attached to different antennas.  This particular version will
not have any Tx functions however (I've removed the Tx functionality/
complexity of v1.0.6 in this modified version).  The modified version
incorporates a time domain mode option, as well as the usual frequency
domain mode, in order to do pulsar observations using an external
trigger sync pulse on the Atlas bus for both Mercury boards doing
synchronized time-domain acquisitions.  I've only been on this for a
week now so it's hardly in a state to say much more about it at this
time and it's certainly not ready for use but it is coming along
well.  This modified version is not at all meant to be a replacement
or substitute for PowerSDR by any stretch of the imagination!!

  This response may not be what you wanted to hear but...you asked,
hihi!

Others (who are much better programmers than me, for sure!) are
working on KISS Konsole to provide enhancements that are more
pertinent to communications applications.  They can speak for
themselves.

73,  Joe K5SO