[hpsdr] [Q] setup for SignaLink USB to HPSDR?

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Sun Mar 28 08:30:37 PDT 2010

Hi, I am using a SignaLink USB interface from my PC to my Kenwood
TS-480SAT rear panel ACC jack. It works wonderfully for EasyPal
digital SSTV, all the digi modes (MixW) and has a "radio
interface" cable made for the Kenwood (plug and play).

Tigertronics, the SignaLink USB dealer, has lots of Radio cables
that I can substitute for my Kenwood cable if I want to hook up to
my Ozy + Mercury + Penelope setup. Look at their webpage scroll
down to interface cables:
[1] But what cable should I buy?

[2] has anyone used the SignaLink USB with an HPSDR?

[3]  how did you hook up your PC audio output and PTT to your
HPSDR for digi modes?

[4]  how did you hook up your PC to HPSDR for CW modes?

[5]  what about using an external K1EL keyer? where is the
sidetone generated (inside K.I.S.S. or PowerSDR?).

thank you very much for helping a Penelope newb,
73 de Ken N9VV