[hpsdr] Pennywhistle VK6BMT

Merv Thomas vk6bmt at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 1 00:09:41 PST 2010

Hi,

Simple solution to my problems as enumerated in the last 2 e-mails.

I was using a current limited power supply to limit possible damage during
the testing stage so what was happening as I pressed PTT was that P/Whistle
drew(along with the other boards and relays) current close to the 3.5amp
limit I had set on my supply with a result that the voltage fell to around 9
volts and everything hung from that moment on!!   Once I advanced the
current limit control to 6 amps everything behaved as normal.

A big thank you to Graham KE9H for help and patience answering by direct
e-mail all of my questions - some of them fairly inane.

I am now on the air with HPSDR with a 100 watt linear kit by Communication
Concepts and a LPF kit by HF Projects so when 20m band opens this evening
I'll give it a whirl and see what reports I get.

Long live HPSDR!

Merv  VK6BMT