[hpsdr] CCI Amps

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 1 17:55:55 PST 2010

Hi,
I build a couple EB27s for a friend years ago. They don't work well below 3 MHz. Efficiency drops. Only rated to 2 MHz. I would not try them on 160. Not enough reactance in the output transformer. They could be modified to transmission line transformers with twice the turns and it would be fine at 160. Shunt choke would need a double ot X3 cores. not sure about th einput transformer. I would prefer FETs at 24 or 48 volts.
The 140 watt 12 volt finals have no feedback so not sure if that hurts IMD. Frank