[hpsdr] .mdb

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Wed Mar 31 12:02:40 PDT 2010

Dear Jeff,

If you look in the PowerSDR source, in the file console.cs, and follow the
chain of evidence, you will find in the function IsHamBand that the
frequencies for the 60m band are HARD-CODED.  That means that no amount of
.mdb file table editing with deal with this.  You'd have to 'roll your own'
version of PowerSDR, which isn't really that hard, as long as you have the
compiler installed, etc.

So I searched first for 'not within the IARU' and found no matches.  So next
I searched for 'not within the' and found 4 matches, all in console.cs, one
of which was commented out.  So each of the 3 remaining all called IsHamBand
to determine whether to show the message or not.  Right-clicking on
IsHamBand and choosing 'go to definition', I was taken to the function
itself.  A quick look showed that there are 5 hard-coded channel
frequencies.

I think that if you edit them appropriately, and build your own PowerSDR,
you will have joy.

Vy 73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV

database 4989 (20100331) __________