[hpsdr] Alex update?

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 08:16:05 PST 2010

Hi John, All,

Thank you John for the example diagram.
Of course I didn't mean to have "all" the data in comparison be
availlable, just enough to get some idea/illustration of the problems
you were having during the developement of "Alex-With-The-Chinese-Cores"
(  ;-)  )
The example diagram of  the 80M LPF section gives a good idea.

After refreshing my knowledge a little by re-reading the Wiki pages for
Alex etc., I was wondering if an IP3 check/measurement was/will be done
with the combined boards of Mercury and "Alex-With-The-Chinese-Cores" (I
read on the Wiki that this was done by Phil - VK3APH with good results
for the original Alex)
I could imagine cores fabricated by different manufacturers having
impact on this figure?
Or is this somehow obvious (for the people with the appropriate
knowledge anyway.... ;-)  ) from your measurements-data?

73's,

Henry.