[hpsdr] Excalibur checkout

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 00:06:22 PDT 2010

Graham

Many thanks. I was aware that this was only a test for shorts but was a little worried that the high reading might mean an open-ciruit path somewhere. I guess the only way is to power Excalibur up and see if the voltages at the test points are as advertised.

My main concern was that, during population of the board, I managed to get a solder bridge between pins 1 & 2 of the 3V3 regulator. Not having any solder wick or spare clean coax braid, I spent a while applying heat to the tiny chip and was worried that I'd destroyed it - hence the high reading. :-)

Cheers

Chris
G4NUX