[hpsdr] Active Antenna

Richard Stasiak rstasiak at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 21 08:59:09 PDT 2010

Hi Henry

It's interesting how the various areas of amateur radio
experimentation overlap.  I brought up the item about the active
antenna project just to put in some filler into the "show and tell"
segment of teamspeak and was surprised at the interest.

The construction of the active antenna kit is going well.  I have the
power supply completed and have populated the antenna amplifier board.
The amp board is working and I want to make a few measurements of it's
performance before I install it in the enclosure and move it outside.
I will keep the list informed on how it is working and my opinions of
it.

As usual, with Jack Smith's kits everything is first class.  The
components, boards and documentation is right up with the best of them.

I would encourage you to contact Jack directly and ask him if you can
get just an amp board and components. He may be open to  this.  I do
know that he has had an enthusiastic response from the ham community
to this project.

For everyone who is wondering what this is about.  Here is a link to
website for this active antenna.

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/z1501_active_antenna.htm

BTW there is a wealth of knowledge and information that Jack has
shared with the amateur community on his website.  Well worth digging
into.

73

Rick ve3mm