[hpsdr] Preamplifier Schematic source

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Mar 27 02:40:23 PDT 2010

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your most interesting comments on active antennas and in particular the use of passive ones.

Whilst fitting a HPF, to reduce MW broadcast signals, between the whip antenna and amplifier is not practical (due to the high impedance levels) fitting one between the output of the amplifier and an HPSDR is.  Whilst this is too late to remove any IMD effects in the amplifier it does help in preventing overload of the HPSDR ADC.

73's Phil....VK6APH