[hpsdr] Anyone help with a-12v problem with LPU?

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Sat Mar 27 20:35:51 PDT 2010

Hi Domenic,

Make sure that jumper JP1 is NOT installed. The jumper disables the
-12V supply.

If the jumper is not there and you still get no -12V, make sure R1 is
installed and you have input voltage (+12) on U4 pin 5.

Next I would check the resistance of F4 to make sure that it is not
open (or high-resistance, since you do get some output). Also check
to make sure that D1 polarity is correct (which it probably is, since
you do get some negative output).

Check the feedback circuit (R2/R3) and make sure you have a negative
voltage on U4 pin 3. It should be about -1.3V if things are working correctly.

No HPSDR modules use the -12V bus except Janus.

Good luck!

73,
Scotty WA2DFI