[hpsdr] Modified PowerSDR with selectable FFT size and selectable palettes

Roger Rehr W3SZ 73w3sz at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:34:33 PDT 2010

I have put my modification of the HPSDR PowerSDR code online.

The code allows FFT sizes to be selected on the DSP Setup Page, with
values ranging from 4096 to 262144.

It also allows three palettes: standard PowerSDR [std], Linrad [Linrad],
and Logarithmic Linrad [LinLog], to be selected from the Display Setup Page.

There are sporadic exceptions generated during execution on slow
machines when the mousewheel is used to rapidly scroll the frequency
while in click tune mode. [I have not yet seen such an exception on a
fast Core2Duo]

Otherwise it works well.

After changing FFT size you need to exit PowerSDR and restart the
program.  Then the new FFT size will be available.

A zip file of the PowerSDR.exe file and the rest of the /bin/Release
directory are at:  www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/Release.zip

A zip file of the entire Modified PennyMerge directory [about 100 MB]is
at: http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/HPSDR_W3SZBUF.zip

A grep of 'w3sz', which should capture most of the changes is at:
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/w3szpowerSDRgrep.HTM

A grep of 'GlobalClass' should pick up most stragglers, and is at:
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/GlobalClasspowerSDRgrep.HTM

A text file with a few more details is at:
http//www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/simplePowerSDRMods.txt