[hpsdr] TAPR Kits

Harry A hpa_missouri at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 22:42:11 PDT 2010

Thanks to all of you for the information/guidance.  This brings me to new questions.  Considering the parts situation with the SDR-1000 and the unusual way it interfaces to the PC, I'm now left with the following questions:
If I go with existing TAPR kits, am I correct in thinking I need the following:  (including of course, the case and power supply)
AtlasMagisterMercury (If I go with the bare board, are all parts currently available for me to put it together myself??  Does the TAPR PCB kit come with schematics and parts lists??)
I understand these kits will give me a complete receiver??  Would that receiver compare favorably with the Kenwood TS-480 for instance??  My initial thought would be it would be better just due to filtering if nothing else??
Do I "need" something like the Excalibur?

For a complete transmitter, I would need:Penelope (this comes from Germany only?) I see them on eBay.Pennywhistle
Would I need Alexiares??

Thanks again for all the help
73
Harry  KD0LQE