[hpsdr] Announcement of a CudaSharpDSP package for HPSDR: doing parallel DSP processing on your GPU

Hermann hvh.net at gmail.com
Thu May 6 09:19:19 PDT 2010

> Out of curiosity, how many GPU resources are being used by CudaSharpDSP, and what GPU do you have?

My GPU is Nvidia's G92 on the 8800GTS with 512 MB memory. If I start
Cuda without any kernel launch, it tells me roughly 320 MB of free
memory (the difference is taken by my screen obviously with 1920x1200
pixel). The CudaDSP takes roughly 4.2 kB in the moment, which will
increase after all functions are implemented of course. So, a graphics
card with 256 MB should work also. I have an older 7600GT with 256 MB
here, too, and I will test this later.

73, Hermann