[hpsdr] LPU assembly, -12v problem

AA8K73 GMail aa8k73 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:48:29 PDT 2010

I wired my LPU and the -12V supply wouldn't work.
Went through and measured each resistor again (I
had measured them before installation).  The LT1931
U4 pin 1 had some positive voltage on it.  I examined
each part with a magnifying glass for a correct
solder connection.  I poked around the -12V circuit
with a scope.  Finally convinced that I had a bad
LT1931, just to be sure, I re-soldered every
connection in the -12V portion of the LPU.  I
plugged it in and it has been running fine since.

Mike - AA8K