[hpsdr] Gigabit Ethernet Switch Options?...

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Nov 15 16:25:33 PST 2010

On Nov 14, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Ed White wrote:

> After reading all the great things the HPSRD can do and all the boards we have now and the ones coming soon will six slots be enough? or are we going to daisy chane latter for the bigger project?

And remember that Metis allows some interesting things to happen as well.  It's conceivable that you could have diversity receive with multiple ethernet-based OpenHPSDR receivers using the ethernet as the "bus" between them.

And as Phil has stated, even with a "full boat" OpenHPSDR setup, we have enough slots to work with on the 6-slot Atlas.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com