[hpsdr] Alternative hardware for SDR

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Nov 19 02:47:38 PST 2010

Hi Charles,

Some of the development/evaluation kits are very nice. I used one to do some
commercial video processing some years ago. We actually had all the code
written and tested on the development board before the real PCBs arrived.

Most of the boards come with evaluation versions of IP e.g.  Gigabit
Ethernet. If you want to use these on a commercial project then the license
fees can be a bit steep. Still its a very good way of testing new hardware
chips and interfaces before putting the effort into building our own PCBs.

Thanks for bringing  this to our attention.

Doesn't look like any slowing down in finding new HPSDR projects!

73 Phil...VK6APH