[hpsdr] Alex and Metis Status

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Oct 19 13:57:14 PDT 2010

As long as we are doing status reports, here is an update on Metis
and Alex. :-)

The Metis final prototype build is complete. Boards are currently
under test. This is expected to be the production version of the
board, so unless the testers find any problems, we will be able to
start a production run as early as November.

So you might see a Metis under your Christmas tree.  But only if you
go to www.hamsdr.com and show your interest on the interest list.
TAPR uses the number on this list to determine how many to build.  If
you are interested, please add yourself to the list so that we make
enough so that everyone that wants one gets one.

While you are there, please re-enter your interest in Alex boards.
Alex has been up for so long that we felt that we need to refresh the
list to get an accurate number. Alex is not an inexpensive board set,
and TAPR cannot afford to make too many extras.

We are getting the four toroids rewound that were built on the wrong
cores. Graham is re-confirming that the filters will work correctly
given the data that we obtained from measurements performed on the
manufactured toroids. We are checking on availability of the long
lead parts to determine when we can start the production run.

We are getting closer to real Alex boards!

Please re-enter your numbers to show your interest!  I see one sneaky
person has already found out that we reset the numbers and has
re-entered his!  You know who you are, Kjell. :-)

73,
Scotty WA2DFI