[hpsdr] Searching for DIN 41612 connectors / PROTeus - Prototyping Board

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 12:36:22 PDT 2010

  Hi All,

DIN 41612 connectors
I am thinking of doing some simple (hardware-) experiments using the
Atlas backplane as a basis.

Finding a good and cheap source for the used 96 pole (3 row) connectors
type DIN41612, without minimum ordering quantity penalties and so on, is
a problem; e.g. on Ebay this is a rare item  (usually a good place to
look for cheap offers on electronic components)
Does anybody maybe have these lying around and is willing to part from
them and sell me a couple of these?

Proteus
I found on the HPSDR Wiki page a proposed future Atlas prototype board
called Proteus by Phil, N8VB but I don't think he is interested /
involved in OpenHPSDR anymore....?

Are there any developments going on to make Proteus in some form or
another a reality soon?

I the meantime I think a DIN41612 connector and a good quality Eurocard
size (160 X 100 mm) FR4 perforated experiment board would make for  a
good and simple starter kit as an interim solution.
(If possible made available by TAPR at a reasonable price)

Another question would be if TAPR would be prepared to sell these
connector types in small quantities for low key users/experimenters like
me in the spirit of promoting experimenting?

Would more people be interested in something like this?

73's,

Henry - PA0HJA.