[hpsdr] No Microphone audio with Penelope

Ron ron at ki5oh.org
Sat Sep 11 15:31:42 PDT 2010

  Hello All,

I'm sure I am missing something.  I purchased a Penelope from Gerd that
doesn't have the silkscreen on the board. Using the gerber files, I
identified JP10 and JP11 as what I think are the SDA and SCL jumpers
that Bill, KD5TFD referenced in an email response to somebody else with
the same problem (also included in the Wiki
<http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Penelope_-_Trouble_Shooting#Microphone_does_not_work_.28Penelope_.2B_Magister.29>).
I have the those jumpers installed but still have no audio.  Using the
Tune button on PowerSDR 1.16.3.1 shows the transmitter working fine.  I
just don't get any audio from the Microphone.

The microphone configuration jumpers (PTT, +V, AUD) are set correctly
according to the manual and I am running firmware 1.2 in the Penelope.

Any idea's what I am missing?  Any hint's would be greatly appreciated.

73's de Ron / WY3D
(formerly KI5OH)