[hpsdr] New HPSDR card for VHF/UHF ?

ct1izu ct1izu at sapo.pt
Wed Sep 8 06:35:36 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Harman" <phil at pharman.org>
To: "ct1izu" <ct1izu at sapo.pt>; <hpsdr at lists.openhpsdr.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] New HPSDR card for VHF/UHF ?

> Hi Shel,
>
> If we did go the I&Q route then perhaps we could add an  AK9354A to  the
> PCB so it's  self-contained and would not require a Janus board.
>
> 73 Phil...

That would be neat provided we can route Audio out via Merc and mic in via
Pen
or some other hardware or software arrangment so we are not swopping or
duplicating headsets etc.

Looks like the LT5517 should cover up to 70cm. A three band board would be
good  2 and 70  populated
with a spare for 4mtrs for EU and 220Mhz for US.

On the face of it  though the Zero IF looks to require a more complex LO.
With a PEN/Merc digitising IF, three high performace
fixed LO's would likely suffice.

Shel CT1IZU