[hpsdr] Searching for DIN 41612 connectors / PROTeus - Prototyping Board

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Fri Sep 10 10:02:24 PDT 2010

Hi Henry,

As Joe has already suggested, this is a good use for the Pinocchio
extender.  I have been building HPSDR systems since the beginning,
and I have never found a good use for the extender. :-)

The kit from TAPR comes with the connector that you need, and you can
use the Pinocchio PCB to mount your prototype board.  You could glue
a piece of PCB to the extender and use "ugly" construction. Or you
could build your circuit on perf board and use some double-sided
sticky tape to hold it to the extender. In either case, you can then
wire up the Atlas pins to your circuit.

It remains to be seen whether or not the long stubs introduced by the
traces on Pinocchio will adversely affect the signal integrity on the
Atlas bus.  You may have to cut some traces on Pinocchio to correct
this problem (if it really is a problem).

73,
Scotty WA2DFI