[hpsdr] ghpsdr3-windows - problem with Ozy

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Thu Sep 23 15:36:45 PDT 2010

Gerd,
  I've seen that problem "connect failed: No error".
It happens when I shut down dspserver and server (usually by control-c)
and then try to start
them again.  When dspserver tries to connect to the server, it gets an
error something like
"port already in use".

The only solution I've found is to wait a few minutes after I've
terminated both dspserver and server.
Windows seems to take a while to notice that the port user has gone away.
Then it clears out the "busy" status, and the connection can be
established.

I hope eventually to fix both server & dspserver so that they do not
have to be terminated and restarted
when their client terminates and is re-started.

So--I believe the problem is not one of your Ozy boards, but a Windows
problem.
(By the way, I'm running XP pro.  What version of Windows are you using?)

73,
Dave
wa8ywq