[hpsdr] Software Development tool on Ubuntu

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 09:15:17 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM, ENDO <rfcgf600 at ybb.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to understand and compile the code of ghpsdr3.
> As for C++ and Qt code, Qt Creator is OK.
>
> For C code, simply I use gedit to edit the code.
> You, software guys, what kind of tool like IDE are you using?

I do this full time, every day 20+ years.  In my opinion the window
system itself is the IDE.  I mostly use "nediti" for editing text files
but really there are others just as good.  The features I like and
use in nedit are (1) syntax hilighting this catches 99% of your typos,
2) Horizontal movement of blocks, change indent level,
3) Multi tab.  Allows mmany files to be open at once andthe big
one (4) "Find Selection".  I can hilight text, even in an xterm
or web broswer and nedit will find it in an open files.

I'm sure other editors have all this too but if you don't kknow of
any google nedit.  Get a big screen so you can keep many
Windows open, even with that I need those virtual screens

I also use the GNU auto-tools automake, autoconf and libtool
I keep the code is SVN, use the gnu and sun compilers

I do use IDE with Java
--
=====
Chris Albertson