[hpsdr] DEMO Mode

Willi Reppel wi.re at telia.com
Thu Apr 14 11:54:21 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I am living close to the World Heritage Grimeton Radio Station, an original and functioning 87 years old 200 kW GENERAL ELECTRIC VLF machine transmitter. See:
www.grimeton.org
They asked me to make a recording of their transmission of today and to check the transmitter´s cw signals for chirp and correct shaping. With PowerSDR in "SCOPE" display mode I made snapshots and  freeze relevant moments of key-up and key-down of their cw signals. For demonstration, I intend to install PowerSDR on one of their computers but it seems that DEMO-mode in HPSDR´s setup can not be enabled and the message "Error starting HPSDR hardware, is it connected and powered?" appears. I run PowerSDR from KD5TFD, v.1.10.4. and I need a hint how to enable the DEMO-mode.
vy 73 de
SM6OMH  Willi