[hpsdr] Spurs generated in Hercules amplifier

Brian D. Comer brian at kf6c.com
Fri Apr 22 11:07:29 PDT 2011

I am seeing spurs + and - about 100 KHz -33 dB down on 6 meters on the
Hercules amplifier. I do not see the problem on 10 meters.

In trying to isolate the cause I have found that they are present when
driving the amplifier from an external signal generator at 50.2 MHz. -10
dBm. At this input I am seeing +42 dBm output from the amplifier
directly connected to a spectrum analyzer via a 30 dB attenuator.

I have checked the filters with a network analyzer and they all look
good.

Has anyone any experience of this problem with the Hercules.

73 Brian KF6C