[hpsdr] LPU & Multiple boards on Atlas

Glenn Thomas glennt at gbis.com
Tue Apr 5 15:49:10 PDT 2011

I think the advantage to series diodes is that they provide nearly the
same voltage drop (~.6v/diode) no matter the current (within limits).
This can somewhat relieve thermal stress on the regulator at lower
currents compared with a simple resistor. The diodes still need to be
able to dissipate the same power as a resistor would at maximum current
and *more* power than the same resistor would at lower currents.

73 de Glenn wb6w