[hpsdr] Atlas ATX Connector Fully Compatible with PC ATX Supplies?

Dan Mitchell danmitchell at embarqmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:57:28 PDT 2011

Mike;
I am presently using a picoPSU-120 with very good results. In fact, to
satisfy my own curiosity, I just did an informal test for R.F. noise using a
12-volt storage battery as the comparison. Using both Panadapter and
waterfall display to compare results I observed virtually no differences in
display or noise floor when switching between power sources. Note that I am
running a 13.8 volt DC power supply directly into the picoPSU with no
dropping resistor nor series diodes. I did the test with antenna grounded,
then with antenna connected. It was done on ALL ham bands 160-6 meters.

Please note that my test was not done with lab instruments, but, introduced
peaks or noise would be easily observable as a color change on the
waterfall. I am very happy with this setup and will be until Demeter or
other power supply of substance comes from the group.

73,
Dan, W0IQ