[hpsdr] Hermes power consumption

Kjell Karlsen la2ni at online.no
Tue Apr 12 06:44:02 PDT 2011

Hi Andrew.

I have 2  Hermes Beta/Apollo units up and running. The current in RX is
<500 ma. In TX it is max 3A with 15W PEP output. This is on 13,8V.

The Ethernet version on 100 M will have some more power consumption but
not much, may be 600mA. The 5V SMPSU is very efficient.

I´ll show one at the Hamvention in Dayton.

73, Kjell