[hpsdr] METIS - PC Connection - Thanks!

Ed Haggerty himself at edhaggerty.com
Thu Apr 21 05:34:28 PDT 2011

Hans

Thank you for letting us know who you resolved your problem.

What this implies to me is you are now resolving your DNS (IP assignment) from the Cable Modem.  And the use of the "Switch" portion eliminated the need  for a "Crossover Cable", ie... standard IP network.

So what I need to understand, is the Metis interface failing to resolve what type of cable your are using?
This was stated by John (g0orx/n6lyt) and Phil (VK6APH) that the interface would auto configure to either a "straight through" or "cross over" cable.

Please understand that I am new to this environment (just ordered the atlas and LPU) and I am trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your time and effort

73  Ed (KB3TOX)